[Tweeters] Red-naped Sapsucker Gardiner Beach

John Gatchet jfgatchet at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 11:25:59 PDT 2015

Yesterday morning while finishing breakfast I spotted a female Red-naped
Sapsucker on a Douglas Fir in my yard. I had great looks at this
co-operative bird before it flew off through the neighbor's woods. No
pics, but I posted a detailed description on eBird. I had a female in my
yard in Gresham, Oregon, but got great pictures of that bird.

Later in the day hiking Hurricane Hill (Ridge) I saw a Sooty Grouse, and at
least 5 Horned Lark and a few American Pipit.

John F. Gatchet
Gardiner, WA