[Tweeters] Clark's Nutcracker [Wahkiakum co]

slugranch85 at wwest.net slugranch85 at wwest.net
Wed Jul 15 18:14:27 PDT 2015

Today (7/15/2015), Ann Musche' and I followed up on Andrew Emlen's report
from a month ago (see below).

Much to my delight, I encountered a Clark's Nutcracker in the same area.

Heard twice and seen in flight once, about 1 PM today. Bird (a little
larger than nearby Steller's Jays) had gray body, black wings and tail;
white secondaries and edges of tail; flew with long glides and broad wing
flaps; voice raspy, long ascending 'grahhhp.'

Other details on ebird, later. Note that the road to this spot is rather
rough, as logging roads go. Be prepared for some rocky going; it is a
little over 6 miles from the pavement.

Alan Richards / Naselle WA 98638