[Tweeters] re. WOS Sunrise trip (blatant commercial)

Jon Houghton jon.houghton at hartcrowser.com
Tue Jul 14 21:41:57 PDT 2015

Hi Tweets! If you read Brian Bell's account (7/14) of the WOS trip on Monday to Mt. Rainier and Sunrise, and you thought, "Wow - that would be cool!", do I have a deal for you! Jean Olson and I are leading an SAS trip this Saturday, that will revisit several of the spots Brian mentioned, AND, with much better weather forecast. we expect to get higher (to the Mt. Fremont lookout) where we're hopeful of finding some additional high alpine species like White-tailed Ptarmigan. While we can't promise a repeat of the magic minute at the White River Campground where we (I was fortunate enough to go on Brian's trip as a 'scout trip' for Saturday!) saw, in quick succession, Pine Grosbeak, Black Swift, and Northern Goshawk (a life bird for two of us!), we expect to have a pretty good bunch of birds, some nice flowers, and some super looks at the north side of the highest volcano in the lower 48. There are still a couple of slots open so, if this sounds good, call the Nature Shop and sign on!! Either way - Happy Birding!

Jon Houghton, Edmonds