[Tweeters] Mountlake Terrace Ballinger Park green herons 7-13-15

Bill Anderson billandersonbic at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 14 09:25:59 PDT 2015

Coincidentally, Monday afternoon I startled two green herons at Ballinger Park in Mountlake Terrace.   Scroll down page 40 for some grab shots:  http://www.pnwphotos.com/forum/showthread.php?11497-Wildlife-of-Edmonds-WA-2015/page40
 Snohomish County locations where I have photographed green herons are Scriber Lake and Mini Park+Scriber Creek Park (same heron flying between the two parks) in Lynnwood; Ballinger Park in Mountlake Terrace; and the Edmonds marsh.

Two credible sources have reported seeing a green heron nest at Sprague Pond in Mini Park.  It probably belongs to the same bird I once photographed across 50th Ave/Cedar Valley Rd. at Scriber Creek Park.

Bill Anderson; Edmonds, WA. USA