[Tweeters] Lower River Rd today

Bob rflores_2 at msn.com
Sat Jul 11 12:05:58 PDT 2015

I visited some of my usual spots and walked the dike at Shillipoo Lake here are the highlights.

Lower River Rd Pool had 100 least and 30 Western sandpipers. Also 7 long-billed dowitcher, two spotted sandpipers and one red-necked phalarope. I did not see the semipalmated plover Randy Hill had seen yesterday and when I returned later the phalarope was not seen.

The small pond on the Fazio property had 42 great egret, 12 great blue heron, 2 long-billed dowitcher and a surprising 4 sandhill cranes.

Vancouver Lake had 4 American white pelican and Shillipoo Lake had a male canvasback and a Caspian tern.

Bob Flores
Ridgefield, WA