[Tweeters] unusual cormorant, Westport

Dennis Paulson dennispaulson at comcast.net
Thu Jul 9 12:44:46 PDT 2015

Dianna, a small number of immature Double-crested Cormorants develop a very pale, almost white breast in their first summer. But they have yellow-orange throat pouches as is typical, quite different from a Guanay. More like some immature Great Cormorants, but again an unusual DCCO seems a lot more likely than any of these other very distant species.

Dennis Paulson
Seattle