[Tweeters] F ir Island Farms/Snow Goose Reserve Restoration

Neil and Carleen Zimmerman n3zims at comcast.net
Wed Jul 8 18:22:32 PDT 2015

Hello Tweeters,
Monday, coming back from the San Juans, we traveled across Fir Island. Lost of construction going on at the Hayton Farms Goose Preserve. I searched for some info on what is going on. Looks like, according to this web site, that major changes are going on. Not all of the web site pertains to the Goose Preserve.

http://wdfw.wa.gov/publications/00538/skagit_2014update.pdf

Restoration funding seems to be driven by salmon. Hopefully we will be able to walk the new dike. We will find out if salmon restoration at this site is good for birds and birders. The headquarters at Wylie Slough seems to have many more shorebirds than in the past.

Neil Zimmerman
Brier, WA