[Tweeters] Hummer vs. Dragonfly

Joan Miller jemskink at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 16:16:04 PDT 2015

Hi Tweets,

I saw an interesting interaction today between two winged creatures. I was
photographing a dragonfly that was perched on a tomato stake in my garden.
An Anna's hummingbird came up behind me, hovering and seemed to be looking
me over. But then it approached the dragonfly, and I thought, this will be
interesting! The dragonfly took flight and they had a chase around the
yard, then the dragonfly chased the hummingbird out of the yard! Seems like
it would be the other way around. Maybe hummers just like to avoid
confrontation.

Joan Miller
West Seattle
jemskink at gmail dot com