[Tweeters] RE: Hummingbird activity in Northwest Bellevue

Jennifer Jarstad jennjarstad at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 13:49:52 PDT 2015

Wow, very cool info. Thanks for posting your Google doc Dave. It looks
like March/April tend to be pretty volatile, so wondering if they are
relying more on blossoms during those months. I am curious if your numbers
include a variety of hummingbird species. Very interesting to see those
numbers jump up so much this year. I'm really psyched that everyone is
posting lots of sightings despite the extreme conditions we've had this
year.

jenn jarstad
jennjarstad at gmail.com
Seattle, WA

I just put my hummer sugar consumption data into Google docs:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fWyCjbtLHQtRj40OXhsKVaWjq5nXh6-_I4kZmgINsrM/edit?usp=sharing

The chart is an estimated number of birds vs. day-of-year.

The number of Anna's is up significantly for the winters of 2013 and 2014,
and the spike this last few weeks is a record for here.