[Tweeters] Happy Fourth of July!

Joshua Glant josh.n.glant at gmail.com
Sat Jul 4 22:40:07 PDT 2015

Hello Tweets,

I just wanted to wish everyone in our wonderful Washington State (and beyond!) a Happy Independence Day 2015. In addition to seeing literal fireworks in Bellevue Park just now, I saw a few of the feathered variety: hummingbirds! In addition to the Rufous and Anna's hummers that have been visiting my feeders since June, the gorgeous male hybrid Rufous x Anna's is still as kingly and charismatic as ever.

Hope everyone else saw fireworks in all kinds of ways! The sky sure was fiery over Seattle tonight, ranging the entire rainbow spectrum from hot pink on the horizon to deep indigo, and perhaps even a bit of purple if you entertain your imagination, at the zenith. Gorgeous!

Happy birding in our glorious (North) America, Joshua Glant

Mercer Island, WA

Josh.n.glant at gmail.com