[Tweeters] American Bittern along Champion Haul Road in Lewis County

Snell Margaret masnell at comcast.net
Sat Jul 4 12:37:54 PDT 2015

Ruth Godding and I birded in Lewis County yesterday, July 3, on Highway 12 around Randle. We were filling in our county list with summer birds. The highlight of our trip was an AMERICAN BITTERN, which we saw along Champion Haul Road, just north of the bridge over Rainey Creek. It was very quiet, just standing in the marsh grass showing its characteristic stripes and erect head. A lovely treat on a hot day. Good birding, Margaret Snell