[Tweeters] Red-naped Sapsucker in Volunteer Park last Monday

Kevin Purcell kevinpurcell at pobox.com
Fri Feb 27 19:00:08 PST 2015

Apologies for the late report.

I saw a Red-naped Sapsucker in Volunteer Park last Monday morning (at the Tennis Courts on the Loop Road).

Clearly not a Red-breasted (which surprised me as that's what I've seen in VP previously) given the stripy head and black/white border at the top of the breast.

Perhaps the Arboretum bird on a sightseeing trip to Cap Hill?

Or is there more than one hanging around?

Saturday should be nice. Keep your eyes peeled on the Hill.
--
Kevin Purcell (Capitol Hill, Seattle, WA)
kevinpurcell at pobox.com | @kevinpurcell