[Tweeters] Issaquah Brambling

Blair Bernson blair at washingtonadvisorygroup.com
Wed Feb 25 15:58:48 PST 2015

Now that the word is out in the public: the
Brambling was a more frequent visitor to the
railing at the Pope residence on Mt. Fury Circle
SW in Issaquah today and I observed it and
photographed it on this my third visit. I first
saw it at 10:29 a.m. when it came in with a flock
of perhaps 10 Juncos and remained for exactly 5
seconds before the garbage truck pulled in and all
birds flew off and I bemoaned my fate. I remained
and it returned at 10:55 and fed on the railing
alone for 3 minutes before flying off into the
Cedar tree. The Popes have been wonderful hosts
and enjoy visitors.

Other birds seen there: Hutton's Vireo, Purple
Finch, Varied Thrush, Cassiar form of Junco,
Steller's Jay, Robins, Song Sparrow

Photo at
https://picasaweb.google.com/103072475474183849815/Brambling?authkey=Gv1sRgCMD325Xzuaf0_QE#6119909000558734882

--