[Tweeters] RFI Alaska Ferry

Amy Shumann daccshumann at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 09:31:37 PST 2015

Hi Tweeters, I'm looking for information as I plan a trip to Alaska via the
Alaska Marine Highway in late August/early September. The itinerary
possibilities are overwhelming. If you've had good experiences birding from
the ferry or from particular ports please let me know. We won't be bringing
a car so will be looking for fun places to stop that have walking access to
good wildlife viewing spots. We will likely arrange a few guided day trips
so we can get a little farther afield. We're considering flying to Kodiak
Is. and working our way south (10 days?) all the way to Bellingham but
nothing is firm yet. Thanks for any suggestions you have. Best, Amy