[Tweeters] Skagit and Stanwood

D. Gluckman cgluckman at aol.com
Mon Feb 23 17:01:57 PST 2015

Spent 4 days in Skagit County and Stanwood over the weekend. I didn't see any owls at Stanwood after looking from early afternoon to dark on Friday. There were 5 or 6 Short-ears at the West 90 at mid morning and mid afternoon Sunday and Monday. Three flew consistently in the area near the dike, west from the parking lot but others were seen to the south as well by some dog walkers. The Northern Shrike was still there today as well as the big dark Ginea (SP?) fowl with the white head walking around the parking lot. There must have been 6-8 Rough-legged Hawks on posts Monday morning, with N. Harriers and eagles everywhere. I only saw 2 Red-tailed Hawks. A few thousand Snow geese were in the fields on Bayview-Edison Road Saturday through Monday with lots of Trumpeters everywhere. Wonderful weather.

David Gluckman
Pt. Townsend, WA
David 360.531.3325 Casey 360.531.3359