[Tweeters] Good year for Eurasian Wigeons

Jason Hernandez jason.hernandez74 at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 22 20:18:23 PST 2015

...or maybe I'm just having a lucky streak.  Last year, I was driving all over the Puget Sound region, and even into BC, looking for winter waterfowl, and it seemed only every fourth or fifth American Wigeon flock had any Eurasians in it.  This year, I have not gone to nearly as many places, but all three of the American Wigeon flocks I have found have had Eurasians -- today at Lions Park, East Bremerton, there were three males (I scanned the females carefully, but could not call any of them Eurasian).  I am calling this a separate flock from the one at Evergreen Rotary Park, but of course, since I have never been in both places at once, I cannot prove that.
Jason Hernandez
Bremerton
jason.hernandez74 at yahoo.com