[Tweeters] Crescent Lake, no rusty blackbird

Louise Rutter louise.rutter at eelpi.gotdns.org
Tue Feb 17 17:22:36 PST 2015

I spent something over two hours this afternoon in the northern part of
Crescent Lake WMA. It was very pleasant strolling around in the sun in short
sleeves, but I didn't find a rusty blackbird. The most notable birds were
probably the 150 or so trumpeter swans feeding in one of the fields - it was
pretty quiet for much of the afternoon.

There are several large fields in the area with remnant corn patches and
trees along the edges - I see no reason for the rusty to remain in the more
accessible parts, so it may well still be there somewhere.

Louise Rutter

Kirkland