[Tweeters] Palm Warbler and American Dipper at Cedar River

Qinglin Ma qinglineric at gmail.com
Sun Feb 8 22:43:11 PST 2015

Hi Tweets,

This year I finally got to see the Palm Warbler at the Cedar River Mouth to
Lake Washington today after about 1 hour search. It was not there when I
got to the park at about 1:00pm. It appeared from nowhere on a tall tree on
the river side near the kayak storage place. Its tail bobs up/down, yellow
tail under covet and eye brow were very visible. After about 5 minutes, it
took off to the south direction.

To my surprise I saw an American Dipper in the park near the shore about
100 ft south of the boat launch. There is a semi submerged log and a few
other submerged sticks. It was catching insects and popping up to stand on
the branches.

There was also a Hairy Woodpecker at the Cedar.

Photo link (Cooper's Hawk and Herring Gull were at Sammamish State Park):

https://www.flickr.com/gp/qinglinma/Q3a697/

Happy Birding!

Qinglin Ma
Kirkland, WA