[Tweeters] Eide Road LEOW's - elitism

Sammy Catiis hikersammy at msn.com
Sun Feb 8 00:41:25 PST 2015

LOL Teresa, this is way true.

While there were 30 or more Photographers watching the LEO, I took my usual route through the trails on the preserve. I got a great Lincoln Sparrow shot as well as we were delighted to watch a Northern Shrike coughing up a pellet in front of us. Before that, I didn't even know they did that. Not many owls as much as a whole lot of other fun stuff. Including a great shot of some Meadow Larks and a Ruby Crowned Kinglets, a Golden Crowned and White Crowned Sparrows and my first Robin for the year. Love Eide for the diversity. I love owls as much as the next person, and because I live close enough by, I guess I can afford the more leasure stroll through. For others, it's a life lister perhaps and fun to see.. but why just stop at that.. one thing I'll never understand. Oh, and the Very dark morph Rough Legged.. very cool and fun to watch. Not that I need to list more reasons to visit.. perhaps you all can wait or head to Rawlings where you can see the same thing. A stroll through Wylie is on the books for tomorrow. GH Owl should be feeding the young, but I don't know where their nest is anymore, so don't ask.. haha I really don't. In fact I haven't seen it since all the construction even being told where he hangs out, I can't find him.. maybe that's a good thing?

Sammy
Arlington