[Tweeters] Sibley Second Edition Replacement

Steve Loitz steveloitz at gmail.com
Wed Feb 4 08:40:16 PST 2015

My experience was different. I called this morning. The Random House
representative advised that the publisher had not yet decided whether or
not it would be mailing out replacements, but that it was nonetheless
taking customer shipping information. She also verified that my guide is
indeed a first printing via ISBN # and copyright page text. FTR, I
purchased mine at Costco, and I, like others, was dismayed by the dark
images. I hope RH makes good on this.

On Wed, Feb 4, 2015 at 8:23 AM, Carol Riddell <cariddellwa at gmail.com> wrote:

> Following up on Ian's post yesterday. I just called the Knopf toll-free

> number and arranged to receive a free copy of the second printing of The

> Sibley Guide to Birds. If I understood the customer representative

> correctly, and probably if you still have your receipt, you can take it

> back to the retailer for exchange or just receipt of the second printing.

> The representative did ask from whom and when I purchased the book. All I

> could tell her is that I ordered from Amazon before publication in order to

> get a better price. She took down that information and my mailing address

> and told me my new copy should be in the mail by the end of the week. Knopf

> will call if there is a delay. I asked her to add my comments to the

> publisher that this is indeed a classy move that is much appreciated by the

> birding community. So don't delay on making your call.

> Carol Riddell

> Tweeters mailing list

> Tweeters at u.washington.edu

Steve Loitz