[Tweeters] From the Seattle Audubon

Whitney Neufeld-Kaiser whitney.n.k at gmail.com
Wed Feb 4 08:30:08 PST 2015

Saw this in the recent newsletter:

Last year, the Seattle Audubon Society Conservation Committee learned of a
unique opportunity to address shorebird declines at the Union Bay Natural
Area (UBNA) adjacent to the University of Washington campus. The UBNA is
one of several sites being utilized by the Washington State Department of
Transportation (WSDOT) to offset wetland impacts of the new State Route 520
Bridge. Unfortunately, WSDOT's mitigation plan for UBNA will likely
accelerate the catastrophic decline of shorebirds there. Seattle Audubon is
fighting to persuade regulators to modify the current wetland mitigation
plan to help shorebirds by removing woody plants from two areas with
aquatic shoreline. We believe this simple measure would restore a great
deal of UBNA's former use as an important shorebird migration stopover
site. To help us advocate for this cause, please sign our petition HERE
<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?SeattleAudubon/bbb6a553bb/9e0e9d17d6/809d567372>.
For more information, visit our webpage at http://bit.ly/1BQ3rco
<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?SeattleAudubon/bbb6a553bb/9e0e9d17d6/dde5190734>.