[Tweeters] RFI and Field Guide for Columbia?

Jim Danzenbaker jdanzenbaker at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 09:25:05 PST 2015

Hi Barry,

I've visited several of the locations that you mentioned in your e-mail -
Santa Marta Mts, Medellin, Chestnut-capped Piha Reserve, and Rio Blanco.
My birding in Bogota was done many many years ago. I think the Birds of
Colombia book will be best. I'm using it on an upcoming trip to three Pro
Aves - Colombia lodges in March.

Regarding guides, I usually don't use guides while I am down there.
However, I have met Christopher Calonje who is a guide in Colombia and I
think he would be a great guide. Read up on him at:
http://www.zoominfo.com/p/Christopher-Calonje/1417572496.

I hope this helps!

Jim Danzenbaker
Battle Ground, WA

On Mon, Feb 2, 2015 at 5:57 PM, barry <levineb at fastmail.fm> wrote:

> Tweeters,

> Anyone know which is considered to be the best field guide for Columbia

> (South America that is)?

> Anyone have any guide connections in Santa Marta, Rio Blanco, Piha,

> Otun, Cartagena, Medallin or Bogota?

> Thanks for any help. All the best

> --

> barry