[Tweeters] More singing birds

Josh Hayes coralliophila at live.com
Sun Feb 1 13:37:41 PST 2015

Despite the rather chilly drizzle this morning, as I walked my dog around Licton Springs park, I heard Anna's Hummingbirds squeakily announcing their presence, along with a very loudly singing song sparrow, two different Varied Thrushes, and a throng of siskins in the tops of the trees zzzeeeeeping along. THEY believe, but the witchhazel is in full and aromatic bloom, so still a few weeks away from the Forsythia blossoms I use as my rough announcement of Spring. I hope they don't suffer as a consequence!

-Josh Hayes in Licton Springs (North Seattle)