[Tweeters] Elliot Bay Western Grebe flock?

Gary Smith gsmith at smithandstark.com
Thu Dec 31 10:12:51 PST 2015

Ed, I'm not sure if this is the same flock but Western Grebes do winter out
in the Bay off the Alki Beach area. In the 90's the flock averaged less
than a hundred birds. In the 00's it averaged nearly 200, and in the
winters of 11-12 and 12-13 it got much bigger, nearly to 600. Last winter
it was down around 250 and this winter so far I've only seen up to about
150.

Gary T. Smith

Alii Point, West Seattle