[Tweeters] Sad news about Barry Levine

Izzy Wong gobirder at gmail.com
Wed Dec 30 11:36:58 PST 2015

A bright star in our birding community has sadly been extinguished with the passing of Barry Levine. He died this morning after a brief intense illness.

Barry was well-known, well-liked and well-respected as an excellent birder. He traveled widely across the globe in search of adventure and birds. Barry was also a wonderful birding mentor to many, from his high school science students to the participants in his birding classes and field trips.

Those of us who were fortunate enough to know him as a friend will always remember his kind heart, his humor, his sensitivity, and his curiosity about the world. Personally, I was always fond of how his connection with people when out in the field was as important to him as the chase of the bird.

I know the community joins me in offering Barry’s wife, Kate Tillotson, and other family and close friends our condolences. At this time, there is no memorial planned.
Feel free to contact me privately if any questions.

Barry Levine will be greatly missed by the many lives he touched.

isadora wong
seattle, wa
go birder at gmail.com