[Tweeters] Chipping Sparrow(?) in Kent

Rick Tyler rhtyler at gmail.com
Wed Dec 30 08:55:04 PST 2015

Tweets,

I'm pretty sure I saw a chipping sparrow at Frager Road North (Frager and
204th) yesterday while looking for the black phoebe. I see these pretty
often in eastern Washington and it honestly didn't occur to me that it is
rare both in western Washington and in winter, but there it was -- complete
with round, gray breast with a single black dot and a black eyeline from
the bill to behind the eye, and a rufous head. I didn't think to take a
picture.

I guess it could have been another spizella, but all the others seem less
likely, and it honestly looked like a chipping sparrow.

It was in the short trees in the pond right at the east end.

--
Rick Tyler