[Tweeters] Black-headed Grosbeak and Yellow Warbler in Olympia

Deborah West olyclarinet at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 10:08:04 PDT 2015

Saw our first of year Black-headed Grosbeak at our suet feeder yesterday, April 29. We keep our suet in a cage and it could not figure out how to reach the suet so I put up a second suet feeder and it tried it. Downy came to the feeder and apparently intimated the grosbeak. It was a beautiful male.

Additionally, today we saw our first of year Yellow Warbler in the trees along the trail at the south end of Capital Lake. We had a very good view of it; no doubt at all of the identification. The cowbirds have been here for over a week so I have been expecting an appearance of the yellow warblers any day.

Deborah West
Olympia
olyclarinetatgmaildotcom