[Tweeters] Cowlitz Co. Sage Thrasher pix ...

Lyn Topinka pointers at pacifier.com
Tue Apr 28 16:13:50 PDT 2015

hi all ... Gene and I rushed out to the Longview Mint Farm yesterday after Russ K. posted his finding of the Sage Thrasher ... Russ was still there and got us to the area the Thrasher seemed to like, which was good because we probably never would have found him otherwise ... after an hour of so of hanging out we finally heard a call and spotted a light-colored bird waayyyyyyyy off in the field ... had looks for about 30 seconds before the bird flew back into the blackberries ... spent another hour hanging out and even resorted to ipod-calling the bird for a bit ... we never could get him to re-appear ...

so, here's a couple of really fuzzy pictures of the bird ... really fuzzy ... the kind of fuzzy which will guarantee the image will never appear on a birding calendar ... (BIG GRIN) ...

the best picture ...
http://northwestbirding.com/Images15Apr/longview_sage_thrasher_04-27-15.jpg

and even worse ...
http://northwestbirding.com/Images15Apr/longview_sage_thrasher_04-27-15_B.jpg