[Tweeters] Re: Merlin's in Renton - vocal pairs - W Seattle too!

Stewart Wechsler ecostewart at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 15:06:09 PDT 2015

Amy, and all,

Some weeks ago (I'll have to find my notes for when), I saw 2 Merlins at
Lincoln Park in West Seattle (I'm usually lucky to see one there), also
quite vocal, like I hadn't remembered observing Merlins before this. I
expected it was courtship, and I was optimistic we would have a nesting
nearby. I haven't seen them at Lincoln Park since then, but maybe 2 - 3
weeks ago, I did see a single Merlin flying from the south (over Forest
Lawn Cemetary) towards Camp Long, here in West Seattle, in what I estimated
to be more like nesting season, than the "winter wandering season". In 15
years of observation at Camp Long, I don't remember Merlins during nesting
season before this, but I'll need more or better observations to say a pair
is actually nesting in this area.

-Stewart Wechsler
206 932-7225
www.stewardshipadventures.com