[Tweeters] RE: Cormorants on navigation tower, Half Moon Bay, Westport

Kelly McAllister mcallisters4 at comcast.net
Sun Apr 26 06:24:15 PDT 2015

Here's a link to a few photos:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/29002564@N08/17276136935/

I believe that most of the nests are the coarse stick nests of
Double-crested Cormorants but the bottom platform of the left tower may be
dominated by the more algae-dominated nests of Pelagic Cormorants. I don't
know that the Brandt's Cormorants are nesting on the tower but they're
clearly present. It sure would be fun to take a kayak out for a closer look.

Kelly McAllister