[Tweeters] Cormorants on navigation tower, Half Moon Bay, Westport

Kelly McAllister mcallisters4 at comcast.net
Sat Apr 25 18:03:29 PDT 2015

I made the mistake of leaving my spotting scope at home today. At Westhaven State Park, I could see that cormorants were nesting on a navigation tower in Half Moon Bay. I could see Pelagic Cormorants bringing in nesting material. There were Double-crested Cormorants on the tower too. I think I saw a Brandt’s Cormorant on the tower as well. Does anyone know which species nest on this structure? I’m thinking that at least two, perhaps three, species are nesting on this tower.

Kelly McAllister
Olympia