[Tweeters] Re: Sea otters at Ocean Shores

Andy Stepniewski steppie at nwinfo.net
Sat Apr 25 16:58:06 PDT 2015

Tweeters,

Regarding our observation of a Sea Otter at Ocean Shores 20 April, Bob Boekelheide states: “ A coast-wide sea otter survey is done every year by WDFW, USFWS, Olympic Coast Natl Marine Sanctuary, and more. The most recent one I can find on-line is 2013 — here is the web page:

http://wdfw.wa.gov/publications/01584/wdfw01584.pdf

I think your animal is definitely outside the normal range, but not unheard of. They’re normally restricted to areas with nice kelp beds, but not always. Their population is doing very well along the Olympic coast.”

Andy and Ellen Stepniewski
Wapato WA
steppie at nwinfo.net

---