[Tweeters] FOY American Goldfinch, Grant Co Gray Partridge

mary hrudkaj mch1096 at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 23 09:25:36 PDT 2015

Just had the first, brilliantly yellow American Goldfinch come in to my feeder. It'as always nice to see a bright splash of flying sunshine on a cloudy day.

Also, yesterday while driving on Saddle Mountain in Grant County we found a male Gray Partridge. He was nice enough to be still long enough to see field marks on his head, back and tail but, due to grass and his posture we could not see his belly or lower chest. How common are gray partridge in that area and are they introduced?

Mary Hrudkaj
Belfair/Tahuya