[Tweeters] One of Those Days - Discovery Park

Jordan Gunn uwjag21 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 13:35:02 PDT 2015

Weather looked good for getting out to Discovery Park for some extended
action this morning and boy am I glad I did. Some highlights:

CLARK'S GREBE - with 4 Westerns off of West Point, a park first, species
190 (https://www.flickr.com/photos/jgunn/16595395033/in/photostream/)
CASPIAN TERN - calling birds, first of year
WHIMBREL - three nearly landed on S beach quite close by
GREATER YELLOWLEGS - no visual, but distinct call near North beach coming
from area of treatment plant, a park first for me, species 190
PACIFIC-SLOPE FLYCATCHER - a couple singing, first of year
TOWNSEND'S SOLITAIRE - UT wetlands area
AMERICAN PIPIT - flyover calling, south meadow
NASHVILLE WARBLER - one singing bird, off Discovery Park Blvd right where
it begins descent to the point
BLACK-THROATED GRAY WARBLER - several signing, first of year
WILSON'S WARBLER - one bird on Wolf Creek trail, singing, first of year

For the day, 85 species. Now is the time to get outside!

--Jordan Gunn
Shoreline, WA
uwjag21 at gmail.com