[Tweeters] Townsend's Solitaires not so solitary?

Louis Kreemer lpkreemer at gmail.com
Sun Apr 19 22:02:00 PDT 2015

Hey tweets,
I’m on a trip to Cle Elum, and for the first day I tracked down a Townsend’s Solitaire (If anybody is interested in trying to find the birds, it's at the Suncadia Lodge). I understand that it is much more common to see them here than in the Seattle area, but after following it for a while, a second one joined the first one. Perhaps they are a pair, but I have always thought that they are a bird that does not enjoy each others company. At any rate, the first bird was very cooperative with photos, and I can email some to anybody that is interested (can’t post a link, sorry). I look forward to seeing if I can locate the birds again tomorrow. Also much in evidence in the area are Yellow Rumped Warbler, Common Ravens and White Crowned Sparrows.

Good Birding,
Louis-Seattle

Reporting from Cle Elum