[Tweeters] Friday in Lincoln, Whitman, Adams Counties

Terry Little terry at crossoverchurch.info
Sat Apr 18 16:43:57 PDT 2015

Hello,

I took my young friend Jon Pafford birding today. We began at daybreak in
Mill Canyon in Lincoln County. Here are some of the notable birds we were
able to find;

Mill Canyon, Lincoln County ­ Ruffed Grouse (got to see drumming, always a
blast), Western Screech Owl, Red-naped Sapsucker, Cassin¹s Finches (many),
Orange-crowned Warbler (3), Nashville Warbler, Rock Wren, Mountain Bluebird

Old Kucks Rd, Lincoln County ­ Long billed Curlew (2 - .5 mi east of Jahn Rd
- displaying), Dunlin, Greater and Lesser Yellowlegs, Swainson¹s Hawk, Sage
Thrasher, Brewer¹s Sparrow, nesting Bald Eagle, American Pipit

Lincoln, Lincoln County ­ White-throated Swifts (many), Canyon Wren, Horned
Grebe, Yellow-rumped Warbler

Reardan, Lincoln County ­ Eared Grebe (3), Virginia Rail

Sprague Sewage Lagoon, Lincoln County ­ American Avocet (3), Black-necked
Stilt (1)

Sprague Lake, Lincoln County ­ Common Loon, RED BREASTED MERGANSER (2),
Bonaparte¹s Gull

Sprague Lake, Adams County ­ Common Loon (2), Horned Grebe, Western Grebe,
Ruddy Duck (1,000 easy), Osprey, SANDHILL CRANE, (in field where Ross¹s
Goose is seen), American Pipit

Sheep Lake, Whitman County ­ Cackling Geese (7), American Avocet (37)

108 species, fun day.
Blessings
Terry Little,
Mead, Wa