[Tweeters] White-crowned Fallout, Kittitas County

Walter Szeliga walter.szeliga at gmail.com
Sun Apr 19 08:49:41 PDT 2015

Hi Tweeters,
After spending all yesterday (4/18) in the yard in Ellensburg and NOT hearing a single White-crowned Sparrow, I woke today to a yard-full. There are presently upwards of 50 singing White-crowned Sparrows! They all appear to be from either gambelii (likely) or from the Pacific group nuttalli (less likely). It’s nice to see a good weather fallout. I assume the nice weather is motivating birds to head to the hills.

Cheers,
Walter Szeliga
Ellensburg, WA