[Tweeters] Warblers at Capitol Lake, OlyWA

festuca at comcast.net festuca at comcast.net
Fri Apr 17 21:19:36 PDT 2015

Hi Folks,

I attended a friend's funeral in Tumwater this morning, and needed to wind down a bit, so took an hour to walk the south Capitol Lake trail, from Tumwater Heritage Park to the north end at the Parkway & returned.

There were quite a few warblers moving through - including over 20 Yellow-rumps. What seemed a bit unusual was that, of the 14 birds I could get a decent look at, 13 of them were MYRTLE WARBLERS, and only one was an AUDUBON'S.

I also saw a male BLACK-THROATED GRAY WARBLER, which is a bit early for the species here. Odd that I didn't see or hear an Orange-crowned this afternoon; they have been the predominant warbler species in my west Olympia jaunts the past week or so.

Cheers,
Jon. Anderson
OlyWA