[Tweeters] Where are the Skylarks?

Foxwinter at aol.com Foxwinter at aol.com
Tue Apr 14 12:21:08 PDT 2015

I read in Kenn Kaufman's book, "Kingbird Highway" about his sighting in
1972, of the Skylarks on San Juan Island at American Camp.
They are also mentioned in "Birding in the San Juan Islands" by Lewis and
Sharpe from 1987 in the American Camp grasslands.
We are traveling to San Juan in mid May, then on to Victoria.
Are there recent sightings of these birds? Would we expect to see them on
San Juan Island in mid May?
Can someone give directions for finding them in Victoria?
Thanks, Barbara Fox near Mt. Hood, Oregon