[Tweeters] Golden crowned Sparrows at Discovery Park

Terry Sargent Peart terry.peart at outlook.com
Sat Apr 11 14:33:46 PDT 2015

I think this is our first outing to Discovery Park this year. We were thrilled to see a small flock of Golden-crowned Sparrows digging around on the pathway. They were pretty calm and let us get to within a few feet of them, so we got some really good looks. They were just south of the paved road that goes down to the Lighthouse, between the road and the lookout point on the Loop Trail.
We got a good look at a Hairy Woodpecker working on her nesting hole, too, thanks to some other birders who had spotted her first.
What a beautiful morning!
Terry in West Seattlewww.terrypeart.blogspot.com