[Tweeters] Black-throated Blue Warbler question

Joshua Glant josh.n.glant at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 12:17:49 PDT 2015

Good afternoon,

The WOS accepted reports, and also the newsletter archives are indeed a good place to look. As for Western WA records, I know of three: the third state record male, that wintered on Mercer Island in the winter of 1994-1995, feeding from the hummingbird feeder in a yard; a male that visited a suet feeder in Olympia from the 5th to 13th of March 1995; and a singing male seen at Lake Sawyer on June 8, 2012.

Photos of each Black-throated Blue Warbler can be found at these sites:

Mercer Island bird - http://www.pbase.com/image/56995988

Olympia bird - http://www.wos.org/WBRC3.pdf

Lake Sawyer bird - https://www.flickr.com/photos/58857385@N07/7167053731/

Also, this is the 14th accepted state record.

Good birding, Joshua Glant

Mercer Island, WA

Josh.n.glant at gmail.com