[Tweeters] Any Swainson's Hawks near Spokane?

Joshua Glant josh.n.glant at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 13:48:08 PDT 2015

Hello Tweets,

I've had a good birding morning in Spokane. On a bird walk this morning, I saw Pygmy Nuthatch, singing Mountain Chickadees, Black-billed Magpies and even my lifer (or, perhaps, life-look) Townsend's Solitaire! No Calliope or Black-chinned Hummingbirds yet, but c'est la vie des oiseaux.

Anyways, on to the main point of my message: I really would like to see a Swainson's Hawk. I don't get over to the east side too often, so I'd like to take advantage of being over here.

Has anyone seen Swainson's Hawks around the area from Spokane to Sprague or Reardan, in the last week or two? If not, where have other Tweets encountered Swainson's Hawks at this time of year?

Always watching (and often asking),

Joshua Glant

Mercer Island, WA

Josh.n.glant at gmail.com

P.S. Yes, I really DO plan on purchasing "The Birder's Guide to Washington" by Mr. Hal Opperman! Hopefully, that will answer some more of my questions.