[Tweeters] Hummingbird identification help wanted

Kevin Lucas kevinslucas at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 7 10:00:53 PDT 2015

This morning Mary spotted a hummingbird at our window feeder. I'd like help identifying it. I've posted 5 cropped photos showing the pattern on the outer tail feathers and on the face. Photos were taken though the window on this overcast morning.
http://kevinslucas.com/?q=category/image-galleries/identification-help-wantedhttps://www.flickr.com/photos/58148027@N07/

Bill shape and size, and body shape appear like Anna's Hummingbird.
The outer two tail feathers have broad white tips with subterminal black pointing into it. (Points to immature male?)
The face has something of a cheek patch.
The chin doesn't show contrasting white, except in photo 4. (not immature male?)
Throat has some dark central spots -- not appearing iridescent my photos (due to overcast?).
Body feathers don't have light tips as I've often seen on young birds.

My guess is adult female Anna's Hummingbird.

Please send your identification thoughts to my gmail address: vikingcove@

Thanks for your help,
Kevin Lucas
Selah, WA