[Tweeters] Best way/time to see Tufted puffins and Common Murres

Michelle Maani lamoustique at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 5 17:27:34 PDT 2015

I have a friend from California who would like to come up and do some bird photography. She is particularly interested in seeing the tufted puffins. I know they show up on Cannon Beach, but I gather Haystack rock is a bit far for someone with a 100-400 mm lens to get any good shots from the shore. Does anyone know of any location where they might be seen better or of any pelagic trips that go near anywhere puffins gather?  Personally I'd also like to see a Common Murre colony.
Michelle MaaniVancouver,WA