[Tweeters] Downtown Bellevue birding

Joshua Glant josh.n.glant at gmail.com
Sat Apr 4 21:53:45 PDT 2015

Hello Tweets,

I didn't do any real birding today, but I still saw some nice birds here
and there. I walked around downtown Bellevue, and - what do you know? -
birds in lots of places! Here's my list:

Crows - ~15 (many)

House Sparrow - 2

White-crowned Sparrow - 3 (Heard only, along 106th Ave. NE; two singing,
one calling)

Black-capped Chickadee - 2 (next to Estate Interiors)

Dark-eyed Junco - 2 (among the skyscrapers!)

Gull sp. - 2

Steller's Jay - 1 (on west end of Main St. bridge over I-405)

Red-tailed Hawk - 2 (Both flew into tree along 116th Ave. NE, between the
Lexus dealership and Bellevue Botanical Gardens; will they nest?)

Mallards - 2 (Pair flew northeast over NE 8th St., maybe flying to Lake
Bellevue)

So, not a bad day! And it was nice in the yard, too: the male Slate-colored
Junco was around for his third day, and a Cooper's Hawk flew by, calling.

On a side note, have any of you checked reflectivity radar? The sky is
lighting up right now! I suppose it's a lot of waterfowl at the moment,
with the first few songbirds mixed in.

http://www.intellicast.com/National/Nexrad/BaseReflectivity.aspx?location=USWA0510&animate=true

Good birding, Joshua Glant

Mercer Island, WA