[Tweeters] Salmon Creek Trail, Vancouver, WA

Michelle Maani lamoustique at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 3 18:04:35 PDT 2015

In the last  two weeks I've noted the return of the Ospreys, at least two, one is nesting on the nest on 117th street. Yesterday I saw two Turkey Vultures flying eastward following Salmon Creek.  The swallows I saw today included a couple of Northern Rough-winged Swallows, the others were all Tree Swallows.  A couple of Bald Eagles were seen hunting mallards at the  NW 36th Ave  end of the trail.  At the pond mid-way on the trail there were still Gadwalls and Ring-necked ducks, as well as a few Buffleheads and some Pied-billed Grebes. Lots of calling RW Blackbirds, Song Sparrows, Northern Flickers., Chickadees and Spotted Towhees.  A lone GB Heron sat in a tree next to a couple of crows.  American Robins were everywhere.

Michelle MaaniVancouver, WA