[Tweeters] re: Varied Thrush call

Dianna Moore dlmoor2 at coastaccess.com
Mon Sep 29 13:36:49 PDT 2014

Had one here in my neighborhood in Ocean Shores around 8:30am Sunday the
28th...just the call. I couldn't place that sound until I looked it up on
Bird Web just now...thanks to Barb Deihl's post just now describing what
she heard!

Those of us of a certain age may remember trying to make music by blowing
air across a comb and paper? Like two octaves combined into a single note.
Best way I can describe it. But that is what I heard.

Thanks, Barb! And thanks to Seattle Audubon's web site with the sounds. I
know Cornell does it too, as well as National Audubon, but there is nothing
like a local source.

Dianna Moore
Ocean Shores