[Tweeters] Skagit County birding highlights

Scott scottratkinson at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 21 16:13:14 PDT 2014

Tweeters:

Had a few highlights today at the Skagit WMA and nearby. Near the end of the south fork off the main dike trail, there was a N. WATERTHRUSH that responded to pishing about 75 yards from the end of the trail. There were many YELLOW-RUMPS here and the bird jumped up on a low dead branch, but try as I might, I could not nail the photo. The next 50 yards north of this spot had a HOUSE WREN and a late WILLOW FLYCATCHER as well.

At Jensen about 2:30 pm, there was a vocalizing PACIFIC GOLDEN-PLOVER and a possible Palm Warbler that I could not pish into view.
There were 50+ AM. PIPITS on the fields here and two HORNED LARKS. At Rosario Beach, a single CASSIN'S AUKLET joined 900+ COM. MURRES, a high count; about 250 HEERMANN'S GULLS were also present.

Scott Atkinson
Lake Stevens
mail to: scottratkinson at hotmail.com