[Tweeters] Migrants and accidentals

Rob Conway robin_birder at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 20 00:26:58 PDT 2014

A good move of migrants today observed during my morning tea on the deck - I even changed my chair to face north to see a stream of raptors moving overhead. Between 8:00 and 9:30 I observed:

Golden Eagle, mature and calling - realized he was being harassed by a Peregrine Falcon
2 more Peregrines - one made a brief stop at a snag below the house and surveyed the feeders until she realized I was sitting next to them
3 Sharp-shinned Hawks
2 Cooper's Hawks
12 Greater White Fronted Geese
31 Turkey Vultures (I think 1/2 of these might have been locals that are here all summer)
200-300 American Robins
2 Black-Throated Grey Warblers
3 Wilson's Warblers
1 Townsend's Warbler
30 Red Crossbills (again, maybe residents)
15-20 Red Breasted Nuthatches - interested to see how many stay for the winter - many storing sunflower seeds
5 Swainson's Thrush
11 Red-tailed Hawks
3 Bullock's Orieles

Later on a walk along the dike near Steigerwald I had 37 American White Pelicans
1 Sabine's Gull (a Beauty)
5 Greater White Fronted Geese (flyover)
50 Bushtits
An unidentified Warbler that I want to call Chestnut Sided - but not sure of ID
1 Eastern Kingbird (late?)

Rob Conway
Camas, WA
45.58°N 122.44°W - elevation 310 ft.