[Tweeters] Warning: wasp nest at Wylie Slough

Jill Freidberg JFreidberg at uwb.edu
Fri Sep 19 08:16:03 PDT 2014

Those are paper wasps (also known as umbrella wasps). They are not aggressive, and because they eat flower nectar, they are also a beneficial pollinator. Unlike their nasty cousin, the Bald-faced Hornet, these little wasps rarely sting, even when you're right next to their nest. Please leave them be.

Jill